Monday 14 March 2011

One Night in the Sun.

Finally, after 22 years in the wilderness, I fulfilled my destiny. Some doubters may have believed that destiny to have included a pot belly, £30k of student debt and a lifetime of 7p ASDA noodles; but I've proved them wrong. Because on Saturday night I had a pint, a massage and a poo in England cricketer James Anderson's hotel room.

I first noticed Ian Bell on the way into the club, which had me excited enough. Imagine my surprise when Graeme Swann then marched his way past and hi-fived the diminutive ginger batsmen. After it quickly became apparent that the whole team were there, we sniffed them out and managed to worm our way into an incomprehensibly surreal group situation with them.

The drinking continued into the wee hours and back in the rooms of Anderson and Bell but the unfortunate thing about the rest of this story is that most of it is x-rated and certainly not suitable for a family blog like this. All I can say is that if World Cup points were dished out on a basis of being able to drink, smoke and womanise; then we'd be laughing.

Incidentally, almost all of the players I spoke to believe Chennai to be a godawful shithole, apart from Matt Prior who commented that it was, "like fucking London compared to Chittagong". Cross Chittagong off my 'to-visit' list then.

No comments:

Post a Comment